Eggplant Avocado Napoleon
- Cut eggplant lengthwise into 6 slices.
- Sprinkle slices evenly with ½ teaspoon salt.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Whisk together ⅓ cup olive oil, next 3 ingredients, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt and set aside.
- Brush eggplant slices evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil grill in a Weber charcoal or gas barbecue, covered with grill lid, over high heat (400°F to 500°F) 2 minutes on each side.
- Place eggplant in a large shallow dish and drizzle with half of olive oil mixture.
- Grill avocado slices, without grill lid, 2 minutes on each side.
- Cut eggplant slices crosswise in half.
- Arrange one slice on each of 4 individual plates.
- Spread evenly with one-third of cheese; top with half of avocado slices, and spread with one-third cheese.
- Repeat layering procedure with 4 eggplant slices, remaining cheese, and remaining avocado; top with remaining eggplant.
- Drizzle evenly with remaining olive oil mixture.
- Serve immediately.