Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 Servings
- 3 cups dried medium noodles (6 oz)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 x 8 oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 tsp dried basil, crushed
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 x 8-oz carton dairy sour cream
- 1 x 8-oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup chopped onion (1 small)
- 1 x 10-oz pkg frozen chopped spinach, cooked and well drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- Grease a 2-qt casserole or a 2-qt square baking dish; set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook beef until brown.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir tomato sauce, basil, sugar, garlic powder, salt and pepper into skillet.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- In a med mixing bowl beat together the sour cream and cream cheese with an electric mixer on med speed until smooth.
- Stir in milk and onion.
- In prepared casserole or baking dish, layer half of the noodles (about 2cups), half of the meat mixture (about 1½ cups), half of the cream cheese mixture (about 1 c), and all of the spinach.
- Top with the remaining meat mixture and noodles.
- Cover and chill remaining cream cheese mixture until needed.
- Cover casserole or baking dish with lightly greased foil.
- Bake in 350 degree f oven about 45 minutes or until heated through.
- Uncover; spread with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, about 10 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Cals: 472 | Total fat: 30g | sat fat: 17g | chol: 127 mg | sod: 683 mg | carb: 25g | fiber: 3g | protein: 27g