- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Cut in the shortening till pieces are the size of small peas.
- Add a small amount of water to slightly moisten.
- Form dough into a ball.
- Roll out the dough to about ⅛ inch thick and cut into 4-inch circles.
- Lightly flour both sides of circles.
- To make fruit filling: in a saucepan combine fruit, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Heat over medium heat until hot, thoroughly mixing.
- In a medium skillet saute the onion and green pepper in olive oil.
- Add tomato paste, water, and vinegar, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add meat and coat thoroughly with the sauce.
- Place a large spoonful of one of the above mixtures to the center of a dough circle.
- Place another circle on top.
- Fasten the two circles together by pressing the edges with a fork.
- These may then be baked in a preheated 350°F (175°C) until golden brown.