Ensalada de Noche Buena
Christmas Eve Salad
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Comments: Left out beets, and added kiwi. Good served with Miss Daisy's Poppy Seed Dressing.
- 1 fresh pineapple or 1 x 20-oz can pineapple chunks
- 2 large oranges
- 2 med bananas
- 1 large apple
- 3 medium beets, cooked, peeled, and sliced or 1 x 16-oz can sliced beets, drained
- 1 jícama, peeled and sliced (optional)
- 1 stick sugar cane, peeled and chopped (optional)
- ½ cup peanuts
- pomegranate seeds
- mayonnaise or salad dressing
- Remove crown of fresh pineapple.
- Peel pineapple and remove eyes; quarter and remove core.
- Cut pineapple into chunks (or drain canned pineapple) peel oranges; section over a bowl to catch juice.
- Peel and slice bananas.
- Core and slice apple.
- Toss apple and banana with orange sections and orange juice.
- Drain fruits; arrange with pineapple chunks, sliced beets, jícama and sugar cane on large lettuce lined platter.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and pomegranate seeds.
- Thin mayonnaise or salad dressing with a little milk to make drizzling consistency.
- Pass with salad.