Fërgesë of Tirana with peppers
Tirana Fergese with peppers, Fergesë e Tiranës me piperka, is an Albanian dish of peppers. Serves 4 people, sometimes utilized as an appetizer.
- ½ lb. green or red peppers
- 1 lb. red tomatoes
- ½ lb. salted cottage cheese or Greek feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ¼ lb. (1 stick) butter
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- Peel the skin off the tomatoes and peppers.
- Sauté them in a saucepan for 5-7 minutes in the olive oil. Set them aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Dice them the way you like.
- In another saucepan, melt the butter. Add flour, cottage or feta cheese, and black pepper, salt and chili pepper to taste. Mix all the ingredients together and place them in saucepan. Put saucepan in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.