Firehouse Meat Loaf
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- ½ cup bottled pasta sauce with vegetables
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 8 ounces Italian sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 ounces provolone cheese or mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons bottled pasta sauce (same as above)
- 2 tablespoons shredded provolone cheese or mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, the ½ cup pasta sauce, garlic and rosemary.
- Remove casing from sausage.
- Add ground beef and sausage, mix well.
- Press ⅔ of the mixture evenly in the bottom of an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan.
- Add cheese cubes.
- Add the ⅓ mix left.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and spread on top.
- Bake 55 minutes.