French Toasted Brunchwiches
Contributed by Lil at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 8 Sandwiches
- 16 slices Italian bread, cut ½" thick
- 8 slices ham
- 8 slices muenster cheese
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup peach schnapps
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter, divided
- In medium skillet, melt butter, stir in sugar.
- Add peaches; simmer 3 – 4 minutes, until peaches are just tender.
- Stir in schnapps.
- Simmer 1 minute.
- Prepare each sandwich using 2 slices bread, 1 slice ham and 1 slice cheese.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs with schnapps, milk and salt.
- Soak each sandwich in egg mixture until bread is saturated.
- In large skillet, melt 2 tbsp butter; sauté sandwiches over medium heat about 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove to heated platter.
- Melt remaining butter and repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Serve with prepared topping.