Fruited Passover Kugels
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Grease eight 6-ounce custard cups with ¼ teaspoon margarine each; set aside.
- In small bowl combine matzo and water; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, using electric mixer, beat remaining 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon margarine with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks and continue beating until mixture is well combined.
- Add fruits, lemon juice, cinnamon, and matzo mixture and stir to combine; set aside.
- In separate bowl, using clean beaters, beat egg whites with salt until stiff peaks form; gently fold whites into batter.
- Spoon ⅛ of batter into each prepared custard cup and bake until lightly browned, about 35 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes; using spatula loosen kugels from cups, transfer to wire rack, and let cool completely.