Garbanzos and Swiss Chard
- In pot steam, parboil or microwave chard leaves until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Set leaves in colander to drain.
- Squeeze out excess moisture and shred coarsely.
- Crush garlic in mortar with salt, coriander and chile until thick, crumbly paste forms.
- Heat olive oil in 10-inch skillet and saute onion until pale-golden.
- Add garlic paste and tomato paste and stir into oil until sizzling.
- Add chard, basic cooked garbanzos and cooking liquid and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand until ready to serve (contents of skillet should be very moist but not soupy. For looser texture, stir in more garbanzo cooking liquid)
- Serve warm, at room temperature or cold with lemon wedges.