Georgian Potato Soup
- Mix 1 cup of the cream, the cottage cheese, and the flour in mixing bowl.
- Beat until smooth then blend in the remaining cream.
- This can be done by hand, with a hand mixer, or in a blender.
- Set aside in refrigerator.
- Mix all of the spices together and divide into 2 equal portions.
- Take a large, heavy pot and place on high heat for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the vegetables except for 2 cups of the diced potatoes and 1 of the spice portions.
- Stir and cook over the high heat for 4 – 6 minutes being sure to scrape the crusts that form on the bottom of the pot.
- Add the apple juice and then the apple sauce.
- Stir and cook for 2 – 3 minutes then add the stock, the other spice portion.
- Cook while stirring for 12 minutes.
- Remove and either rice the mixture or puree it in a blander until it is smooth.
- Return to the pot, add the 2 cups of diced potatoes, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, stir well, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add more stock if more liquid is need.
- Blend in the cream mixture and continue to cook stirring as you do for 3 – 4 minutes.