- 8 medium size garlic cloves and 1/4 cup corn or peanut oil. Cut the garlic cloves horizontally into thin slices
- Heat the oil in a wok, drop the garlic slices in and fry over moderate heat for 2–3 minutes, until the slices turn light brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towels. Cool the oil.
- Place in a jar with a tight cover and refrigerate
- Shred the young ginger into a small bowl and cover it with the lemon or lime juice.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 days. Then firmly squeeze out and discard the lemon juice.
- Mix the ginger with all the other ingredients including those that have been toasted and fried.
- Serve at room temperature.