Gluten-free Almond Cookies
This is a special recipe made without gluten. Crispy rice is available from a food distributor or health food shop.
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 egg
- ½ cup rice flour
- 2 cup crispy rice (crushed)
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. cream butter and Sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add almond extract and egg. Beat well. Stir in flour, crispy rice and almonds.
- Shape into balls, 1" in diameter and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Press with a floured fork to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned.