Gluten-free Melt-in-your-Mouth Shortbread
- Sift cornstarch, sugar and rice flour together.
- Add butter.
- Mix with hands until soft dough forms.
- Refrigerate one hour.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place about 1¼ inches apart on greased cookie sheet; flatten with lightly floured fork.
- Bake at 300°F for 20 – 25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Form balls as above. Roll in finely crushed corn flakes or crushed nuts. Press top of ball with thumb. Add a dab of jelly.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons finely chopped peel and/or 2 tablespoons finely chopped nuts. Flatten with lightly floured fork.