Grilled Avocado and Steak Arepas with Avocado Cream
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a shallow container.
- Remove about ¼ cup marinade and reserve; add steak to container, turning to coat meat on both sides and marinate at least 1 hour.
- To prepare arepas, process cornmeal in a blender until finely ground (arepa flour doesn’t need further grinding).
- Transfer to large bowl and stir in cheese, 2 tablespoons melted butter and salt.
- Add enough boiling water to make a very thick batter; stir in corn.
- Brush griddle with remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter and heat until medium-hot.
- Using about 1 tablespoon batter for each arepa, drop batter onto hot griddle and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Keep warm.
- Drain steak from marinade and place on medium-hot grill or in grill pan.
- Cook 5 minutes on each side, or to desired doneness.
- Brush avocado slices and bell pepper halves with reserved marinade and grill, turning once, until lightly browned with grill marks.
- Cut avocado into chunks and blend with sour cream, lime juice and cayenne in blender until smooth.
- Slice steak and place a few pieces on each arepa.
- Cut bell pepper into strips and arrange over steak; top with grilled avocado slices and a dollop of avocado cream.
- Sprinkle with chopped red chilies; garnish with lime wedges and corn husks filled with chopped chilies.