Grilled Tuna with Corn, Tomato and Zucchini
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings
- 1¼ pounds tuna steaks, 1 inch thick
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ear of corn, cut into 8 equal pieces
- 2 tomatoes, cored and each cut into 8 equal wedges
- 2 medium zucchini, each quartered lengthwise and cut crosswise into ¼ inch-thick slices
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 serrano chiles, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium-hot or preheat broiler.
- Season tuna with ¼ teaspoon of the salt and ⅛ teaspoon of the pepper.
- In small cup, stir together jam and mustard.
- Spread one side of tuna steaks with half the jam mixture.
- In center of each of four 12-inch squares of foil, place corn, tomatoes and zucchini, dividing equally.
- Sprinkle evenly with garlic, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper, chiles and oil.
- Fold edges of foil over to form tightly sealed packets.
- Grill or broil tuna and foil packets 4 inches from heat for 4 minutes.
- Turn tuna over.
- Spread with remaining jam mixture.
- Cook until the tuna is opaque in center and begins to flake when touched with fork, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Carefully open vegetable packets and serve with tuna.
- Calories 302 | Fat 7 g | Carbs 27 g | Sodium 458 mg | Fiber 3 g