Homemade Curd Cheese
- You will need a saucepan a bowl and a sieve.
- If using yogurt bring the milk to a boil and then leave it to cool to finger temperature (100 F).
- Mix the milk with the yogurt in a basin.
- Put in a warm place for 4 to 5 hours to set as solid as yogurt.
- If using vinegar or lemon juice stir into the milk and bring it to a near boil (200 F) in a bowl set in a saucepan of water.
- Remove and keep in a warm place for 4 to 5 hours.
- Pour the mixture into a sieve lined with a scalded clean cloth.
- After an hour put a plate on top to weight and encourage the whey to drip through.
- The curds in the cloth are the Cheese.
- Cover and store in a cool pantry and it will keep for about a week.
- Drink the whey flavored with fruit juice for your health - or use to to make scones.
- Keep in refrigerator and eat within 2 days.