Individual Lemon Soufflés with a Red Sauce
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 tbs unsalted butter, softened
- 10 tbs sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- ¼ cup flour
- 1¼ cups milk
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tbs confectioner's sugar + extra for dusting
- 5 large egg whites
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- Heat oven to 400 °F
- Spread six 1 cup ramekins with butter, then coat with 4 tbs sugar.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet with sides.
- In a saucepan, whisk yolks with 4 tbs sugar until blended, whisk in flour until blended.
- Heat milk in a saucepan until it comes to a boil. Whisk hot milk into yolk mixture until smooth.
- Cook until mixture starts to bubble and is very thick.
- Scrape mixture into a bowl, whisk in zest and juice and confectioners sugar until blended.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in a bowl until soft peaks form. Beat in the remaining sugar until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Fold ¼ of the egg white mixture into yolk mixture to loosen, then fold in the remaining egg white mixture.
- Spoon souffle mixture into ramekins.
- Bake 16 min. or until puffed and browned.
- Dust with confectioners sugar and serve hot with Strawberry sauce
- Purée the strawberries and lemon juice in blender until smooth.
- Strain out the seeds.
- Makes 1½ cups of sauce for 6 servings of Individual Lemon Souffles