Irish Apple Crumble
This delicious Irish recipe can be served as a snack (with tea or coffee) or a dessert to finish off a great dinner.
- pastry dough
- 4 medium Apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 3/4 cup Sugar + 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Line an 8-inch pie pan or baking dish with pastry dough.
- Use a fork to prick the dough. Mix Apples, 1/4 cup Sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix flour, 1/2 cup Sugar and butter.
- Mix using a fork until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Put Apple mixture in pie crust and smoothen surface.
- Cover Apple mixture with the crumble mixture.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon over the crumble.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Serves 8.