Jordanian Cheese-stuffed Eggplant
- Cut eggplants lengthwise into halves.
- Cut out and cube enough eggplant from shells to measure about 4 cups, leaving a ½-inch wall on side and bottom of each shell; reserve shells.
- Cook and stir eggplant cubes, onion and garlic in oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except reserved shells and cheese.
- Cover and cook over low heat 10 minutes.
- Place eggplant shells in ungreased shallow pan; spoon peanut mixture into shells.
- Sprinkle cheese over filled shells.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F until eggplant is tender, 30 to 40 minutes.