Kimchi jjigae is The most popular stew in Korea. There are many varieties. You can add Beef, tofu, can Tuna, vegetables like Squash, Onion, carrot, etc... So be creative!
- Put a pot on the stove, turn the heat on.
- Add pork belly, saute for a minute or so.
- Add go choo jang (Korean chile paste) and cook until meat becomes white.
- Pour the water, add kimchi.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer.
- Add soy sauce, go choo ga roo (Korean chili powder), and garlic.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Add chilies, green onions, salt and pepper.
- Cook for another minute.
- Serve with rice.