Kiwi and Asian Pear in Lemon Sauce
Kiwi and Asian Pear in Lemon Sauce (Kiwo To Nashi No Lemon Ae) makes a delicious and refreshing cool summer dish.
- Finely-grated fresh peel of one small lemon
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. sesame oil
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced, and cut into thin strips
- 1 crisp Asian pear, sliced, and cut into thin strips (crisp Anjou pear may be substituted)
- ½ yellow or red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- ½ European cucumber, halved, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp. lightly roasted black sesame seeds
- Whisk the lemon sauce ingredients together in a the serving bowl and set aside.
- Add the fruit to the bowl of lemon sauce, toss, cover, and chill for about an hour.