Low-fat Cranberry Squares
- 1 cup cranberries — washed and halved
- 1¼ cup sugar — divided
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tbsp baking soda
- ½ tbsp salt
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- 2 egg whites — lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp orange peel
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 13 x 9" pan with foil; spray with nonstick spray.
- Combine cranberries with 1 cup sugar, flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix well and make well in center.
- Add milk, egg whites and orange peel; stir until smooth.
- Spread in prepared foil-lined pan.
- Bake 20 – 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 5 min; cut into 12 squares.