Make Ahead French Toast Soufflé
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Prep Time 20 min.
- Cook Time 30 min.
- Serves 12
- 10 cups white bread cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) package low fat cream cheese, softened
- 8 eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- ⅔ cup half-and-half cream
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- Place bread cubes in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in milk, half and half, maple syrup, and vanilla until mixture is smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture over the bread; cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, remove souffle from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, and serve warm.