Mama's Young Peas and Potatoes in White Gravy
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 cups fresh peas
- 8 – 10 small new potatoes (scrape peeling off, it is very thin on young potatoes)
- 1 teaspoon salt (more my be added if needed)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper or as much as you like (the more the better)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small can evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Cover peas and potatoes with water.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook in large pot until tender.
- Remove enough water from potatoes to mix with flour until fairly thin and pour back into the peas and potatoes.
- Stir well.
- Add the butter and evaporated milk and stir until well blended (more water or milk may be added if needed).
- Cook until the gravy is slightly thick.
- This is absolutely wonderful spooned over crumbled up cornbread.