From my Aunt Lois' collection. Date and source unknown. She indicates on the card that this was a family favorite.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup water
- 2 small cans green chilies
- 1 can hot enchilada sauce
- 1 white onion, chopped fine
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped fine
- dash of garlic salt
- 1 pound grated cheddar cheese
- 1 pound tortillas, quartered
- Brown meat with everything except cheese and tortillas.
- Layer meat, cheese, tortillas, beginning with meat on bottom of large dish or pan.
- Cook at 350°F for 30 – 45 minutes.