Minted Radish Tea Sandwiches with Lemon Mayonnaise
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 24 tea sandwiches
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons coarse-grained mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 24 very thin slices homemade-type white bread
- 1 cup mint leaves (from about 1 large bunch)
- 16 radishes, trimmed and sliced as thin as possible
- In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, sour cream,zest, mustard, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread bread generously with lemon mayonnaise.
- Top half of slices with a layer of mint and top mint with overlapping rows of radish.
- Top radish with remaining bread and press together gently.
- Trim crusts and cut sandwiches in half diagonally.
- Sandwiches may be made 2 hours ahead, wrapped in plastic wrap, and chilled.