Mixed Grill Kabob on Pilaf
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound ham (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 green pepper, cut into squares
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 2 apples, cut into eighths
- ⅔ cup orange marmalade
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- ½ cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups chicken stock or bouillon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- On eight 12-inch skewers alternate ham, pepper, onion and apples as desired. Combine marmalade, water and vinegar.
- Broil kabobs until browned on all sides, basting with the marmalade mixture. Serve over Rice pilaf.
- Cook onion in butter until tender.
- Add rice and cook, stirring frequently, until golden.
- Stir in chicken stock or bouillon and salt.
- Bring to a boil. Stir.
- Cover and cook over low heat 15 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.