Mrs. Fields' Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
Contributed by Jenn in Middle Missouri via World Recipes Y-Group
- Yield: 1 Servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- ¼ cup salted butter; softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 1½ tsp pure lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, lemon zest, coriander and poppy seeds.
- Mix well with a wire whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with electric mixer at medium speed until mixture forms a grainy paste.
- Scrape down side of bowl, then add yolks, egg and lemon extract.
- Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and mix at low speed just until combined.
- Do not overmix.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes until cookies are slightly brown along edges.
- Immediately transfer cookies with a spatula to a cool surface.