Mushroom and Leek Galette
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large egg white for glaze
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 medium leeks (white and light green parts only), sliced (2 cups)
- 12 oz cremini or baby bella mushrooms, sliced (6 cups)
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch scallions (white and light green parts only), sliced (⅓ cup)
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In food processor, process cottage cheese until puréed.
- Add oil, milk and sugar and process until smooth.
- Add flour mixture and pulse 4 to 5 times, just until dough clumps together.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead several times; do not overwork.
- Press dough into a disk, dust lightly with flour and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add leeks and cook, stirring often, until tender, 4 to 5 minutes, adding a little water if necessary to prevent scorching.
- Add mushrooms, increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring, until mushrooms are tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, whisk together whole egg, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Add scallions, parsley and cooled leek mixture; mix well.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out dough into 15-inch circle about ¼ inch thick.
- Roll dough back over rolling pin and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Spread leek mixture over dough, leaving 2-inch border around edges.
- Fold dough border up and over filling, pleating as necessary.
- In small bowl, combine egg white with 1 tablespoon water; stir briskly with fork.
- Brush over rim of crust.
- Bake until crust is golden, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Transfer baking sheet to wire rack and let cool 5 minutes.
- Carefully slide galette onto platter and serve hot or at room temperature.