Oysters Bienville Fijian-style
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- 1 x 2-ounce can mushrooms
- ¾ cup liquid
- 18 medium boiled shrimp
- 1½ pints medium oysters
- Parmesan cheese
- To make sauce, melt butter and add flour, garlic, onion juice, Worcestershire sauce, celery seed and liquid.
- Add mushrooms and shrimp.
- Cook until thickened.
- Put oysters in saucepan and simmer just until edges curl.
- Put oysters on cleaned oyster shells.
- Cover each with sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle each with cheese.
- Place on tray covered with rock salt.
- Broil for about 5 minutes or until bubbly.