Passover Sponge Cake
- Separate eggs putting whites in mixing bowl and yolks in cold water.
- Beat whites by hand or electric mixer until stiff but not dry.
- Gradually add sugar.
- Add yolks and water mixture and beat well.
- Add juices and rinds and beat well.
- Add cake flour and starch that have been mixed with very low mixer or by hand.
- Be sure that the flour mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Put in angel food cake pan and bake about 45 minutes or until done in 350 °F oven.
- You can improvise by adding nuts, cinnamon-sugar, or other things but the basic recipe is moist and tasty and wonderful especially as the base for fruits).