Pasta, Peas and Shrimp Salad
Pasta, Peas and Shrimp Salad from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 8
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen peeled and deveined medium-sized shrimp
- 8 ounces dried rotini pasta (optional: may use other pasta shapes like radiatori or gemelli)
- 1 6-ounce package of frozen snow peas
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- non-fat cooking spray
- Thaw shrimp if frozen.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Add snow peas to pasta water about 1 minute before pasta is done cooking.
- Drain in a colander then return pasta and peas to the pot.
- Add bell pepper and green onions and toss well.
- Cover and set aside.
- Place vinegar, oil, soy sauce and red pepper in an airtight container, cover, then shake to combine ingredients for vinaigrette.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and cook until opaque.
- Place pasta mixture in a large serving bowl.
- Add shrimp and toss well.
- Drizzle vinaigrette then toss until well coated then serve.