Pasta with Greens
- Bring large pot of water to a boil.
- Fill large bowl with cold water and set aside.
- Meanwhile, stem greens and wash thoroughly.
- When water comes to a boil, add 1 tablespoon salt and greens.
- Cook until tender, 2 to 5 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, remove from water.
- Transfer to bowl of cold water, then drain.
- Reserve cooking water for pasta.
- Gently squeeze most of water out of greens and chop coarsely.
- Set aside.
- In food processor fitted with steel blade, or in mini-processor, blend cottage cheese until fairly smooth.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and blend again.
- Add milk and blend until creamy.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Cook, stirring, until garlic begins to color, about 30 seconds.
- Add greens, stirring 1 minute.
- Stir in ½ cup cooking liquid reserved from greens.
- Add salt to taste and remove from heat but keep warm.
- Bring pot of water back to a rolling boil and add pasta.
- Cook until just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Transfer pasta to pan with greens.
- Add cottage cheese mixture and pecorino; toss and serve.