Pear-fect Cranberry Crisp with Walnuts
Makes 8 servings.
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups diced peeled Pears
- 1 cup fresh or frozen chopped cranberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup flour, divided
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- Combine rice, Pears, cranberries, 1/3 cup Sugar and 2 tablespoons flour.
- Place rice mixture in 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine remaining flour, remaining Sugar and Oats in bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add walnuts and coconut; blend well. Sprinkle over rice mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve warm.