Quick Cranberry Sauce
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 6 to 8
- 4 cups (16 oz) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1½ cups apple jelly or orange marmalade (about 1½ twelve oz jars)
- ⅓ to ½ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp grated orange zest (optional)
- In a medium pan, over medium high heat, combine the cranberries, jelly or marmalade, ¼ cup water, sugar (⅓ cup if using jelly, ½ cup if using marmalade) and zest, if using.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens, 7 to 10 minutes.
- The marmalade version will stay a bit runny.
- Remove from heat; let cool.
- Transfer to a dish, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.