Rice Crème Brûlée
Makes 6 servings
- 4 cups heavy cream
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups cooked medium-grain rice
- 6 tablespoons raisins
- 1½ teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons confections sugar
- Heat cream and sugar in saucepan over medium heat to near boiling.
- Beat eggs and egg yolks well.
- Gradually mix hot cream mixture into eggs and return to saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until custard thickens, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in cinnamon and vanilla.
- Place ¼ cup rice and 1 tablespoon raisins into each custard cup.
- Pour ¾ cup custard over rice and raisins; mix.
- Place cups in baking pan.
- Pour hot water around cups.
- Bake at 300°F for 35 to 45 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool, cover and refrigerate.
- Sift cocoa and sugar together.
- Just before serving sift cocoa mixture over each custard..