Rice and Spice Omelet
This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Grimes Estate in Bryan, Texas in 1988. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- ½ cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 4 ounce can chopped green chilies undrained
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- Cook onions in butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium until tender.
- Beat eggs with milk and seasonings then stir in rice, chilies and tomato and pour into pan then reduce heat to medium low.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes then sprinkle with cheese.
- Remove from heat and cover.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group