Shrimp on French Bread
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 lb large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 stick butter
- 2 to 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread
- 1 to 1½ sticks butter
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- juice from 1 lemon
- Dip shrimp in eggs and fry in pan with butter on both sides.
- Set aside.
- Slice bread approximately ½ to ¾-inches thick.
- Dip in egg and fry in same pan as shrimp.
- Place bread on cookie sheet and put 1 or 2 shrimp on each slice of bread.
- In small saucepan, melt butter, saute garlic until tender.
- Add lemon juice and parsley.
- Cook about 2 minutes (watch butter doesn't burn).
- Pour about 1 tablespoon of sauce over each shrimp on bread.
- Heat in 350°F oven until hot.