- The prepared meat is rubbed with salt and kept fur 1–2 days in a cool place at the temperature of 3-4°C.
- Guts are washed and kept for some time in salt water.
- meat and fat are cut in small pieces and mixed.
- garlic, pepper and salt are added and all this is mixed again.
- Then the guts are stuffed, its both ends are tied up with a string and they are hung out for 3–4 hours in a cool place.
- Shuzhuk is smoked during 12–18 hours over dense smoke at the temperature of 50-60°C, then dried up at 12°C for 2–3 days.
- Dried or smoked shuzhuk is boiled on slow fire during 2 - 2½ hours.
- Before serving the table shuzhuk is cut in thin slices to 1 cm thick, layed out on a plate, decorated with rings of onion and greens.