Southwestern Chicken Lasagna
- 4 cups cooked Chicken, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) package cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced mild green chilies
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) jars salsa, mild
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (10 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 2 cups Monterey jack Cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
2. Heat oil in a 4-quart saucepan.
4. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, until Onion is tender.
6. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook, uncovered for 10 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles and drain well.
8. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with non-stick spray.
9. Arrange a layer of cooked noodles on the bottom.
13. Finish with remaining noodles, salsa and Cheese.
14. Bake, covered a 375 °F for about 45 to 50 minutes.
15. Let stand about 15 minutes before serving so it can firm up.