Soy-glazed Chicken with Peas and Water Chestnuts
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 Servings
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp dark Asian sesame oil
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 4 pounds chicken, cut up
- 3 oz snow peas, strings removed
- 8 oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Whisk first 6 ingredients in saucepan, cook until glaze thickens, 2 minutes.
- Place chicken, skin side up, on rack in baking pan.
- Brush with some of the glaze.
- Bake in 350 degree oven 45 minutes.
- Brushing with glaze every 10 minutes.
- Stop glazing 5 minutes before end.
- Broil chicken 5 minutes to crisp skin.
- Fix couscous following package directions, with water, add peas and water chestnuts.
- Put on platter with chicken.