Strawberry Bavarian Creme Elegante
Fresh ruby red strawberries give your taste buds a treat. The juice is sweet and tantalizing. Even the aroma of fresh berries excites the palate and prepares the way for a great adventure in eating. Try this recipe as you partake of a fruit that is luscious, beautiful in color, and heavenly in any menu plan. Enjoy!
- Contributed by ©Arleen M. Kaptur March 2002, Author of books and articles on living a simple, rustic lifestyle - and getting the most from each and every day. Excerpt from strawberry/chocolate Recipes by Arleen M. Kaptur
- Arleen Kaptur may be contacted at http://www.arleenssite.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- http://www.ideamarketers.com/library/profile.cfm?writerid=3502 to view more of her articles.
- 1½ cups fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup sugar
- 1¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2¼ cups cold milk, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- Using a 6-cup ring mold - lightly oil.
- Drain the strawberry slices, but keep the liquid. Add water to the strawberry juice to equal ¾ cup.
- Sprinkle gelatin over the liquid and let stand for 3 mins. Refrigerate the drained berries.
- In pan, combine the Sugar, chocolate chips and 1/2 cups milk.
- Cook gently over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture is very smooth and hot.
- Add the gelatin mixture, stirring constantly, until gelatin is completely dissolved and the entire mixture is integrated. Remove from heat, add remaining milk and vanilla.
- Pour into bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hr. Check to see if mixture mounds when dropped from spoon.
- If not, continue keeping in refrigerate and repeat checking.
- Using a mixer, beat the heavy cream until stiff; fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into the prepared mold and refrigerate 3 hrs. Unmold and garnish with Strawberry Creme.