Strawberry Rice Zabaglione
Makes 8 servings.
- 1 x 3-ounce package strawberry gelatin, prepared
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1½ cups milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- ¼ cup cream sherry or orange juice
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix, prepared
- fresh strawberries
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1½ cups cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- Measure ¾ cup gelatin mixture into shallow pan.
- Chill until firm.
- Cool remaining gelatin until thick and syrupy.
- Combine rice and milk; cook over medium heat until thick and creamy.
- Mix sugar, unflavored gelatin, egg yolks, lemon peel and sherry in top of double boiler.
- Place over boiling water and whip continuously until mixture is thick and fluffy.
- Fold in rice; cool.
- Cut strawberry gelatin into cubes.
- Fold prepared whipped topping and cubed gelatin into rice mixture.
- Rinse 6-cup mold in cold water; spoon in rice mixture.
- Pour on remaining syrupy gelatin.
- Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- Unmold onto serving plate.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and mint leaves.