Summer Fatoush Salad
Summer salad with mint
- 1 cup red bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 cup yellow bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 cup peeled cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 4 vine ripened tomatoes, cut into ¼ inch wedges
- ½ cup red onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp high quality olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pita breads, to serve
- Place the bell peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, scallions, mint, parsley and cilantro in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the garlic with the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss lightly to mix.
- Toast the pita breads in a toaster until crisp and serve along side (or crumbled on top) of salad.