Svieziu Kopustu Sriuba
Fresh cabbage soup
- 1 lb beef, with bones
- 1 lb smoked pork
- 1 small head of cabbage
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 sour apples
- 2 carrots
- 10 each white and black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion
- garnish with parsley
- Make broth in the usual way, however, saute onion before adding to broth so that the color of the soup would be better.
- When the meat is tender, strain the broth and clarify.
- Shred cabbage, rub with salt to remove bitter taste and add to broth, cook in an uncovered pot.
- When cabbage is tender, add separately, cooked and strained tomatoes and peeled and grated apples.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer briefly.
- Serve with boiled potatoes.