Sweet Fruit Salad
A quick, high-energy fresh fruit salad for the busy person. It relies more on temperate than tropical fruits, especially those available throughout the year. It provides a non-fat meal, which has become a favourite for athletes and sports persons of all ages. Although dried fruits are used in this recipe, weight-conscious people need have little concern as long as they are active; if not, they should replace the dried fruits as indicated. This fruit salad is ideal for breakfast or lunch, but it is too energising for the evening meal, unless you intend a late and exciting night.
This fruit salad is delicious alone, but a topping of Penguin Ice Cream will make it even more delectable and certainly richer.
- Serves 2.
- 1 large apple, cored and diced
- 1 large pear, cored and diced
- 1 large banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 small pawpaw, peeled, seeded and diced
- 8 apricots (fresh or sun-dried), pitted and diced
- 10 dates (fresh or sun-dried), pitted and diced
- handful seedless raisins or sultanas