Sweet Ginger Crisp
Makes 8 servings.
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups sliced unpeeled Apples
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup coarsely crushed gingersnap cookies (about 10 cookies)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) nonfat vanilla yogurt, divided
- Combine maple syrup, lemon juice, water and vanilla in large bowl.
- Stir in Apples and rice. Spoon into casserole coated with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, brown sugar and allspice in small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in gingersnaps. Sprinkle over Apples and rice. Bake covered in 400 degree oven 35 minutes.
- Remove cover, bake 10 minutes more or until top is golden brown and Apples are tender.
- Serve warm, topping each serving with 1 tablespoon yogurt.