Tequila-flambéed Bananas with Coconut Ice Cream
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Cookoff Winner
- Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 8 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- 4 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ tsp grated lime rind
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 4 unpeeled bananas with green tips
- 4 tbsp tequila
- 2 pints coconut ice cream
- Melt butter with next 5 ingredients in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until blended.
- Reduce heat to medium, cook 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Peel bananas and cut in half lengthwise.
- Add bananas and cook 1 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in tequila and carefully ignite the fumes just above the mixture with a long match.
- Let flames die down.
- Return skillet to heat, and cook 3 – 4 minutes until bananas are soft and liquid is carmelized, spooning sauce over bananas.
- Serve immediately over coconut ice cream.