Tex-Mex Pasta Casserole
- ½ lb Italian sausage or smoked sausage (2 – 3 links)
- 1 large onion
- ½ green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 (16 ounce) jars whole tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups rotini pasta (2 cups uncooked that is)
- 1 cup frozen, canned or cooked corn
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook pasta and set aside.
- Fry sausage, slice in circles and set aside.
- Sauté onion, garlic and peppers in a little oil until soft.
- Add spices and cook 1 minutes, add tomatoes and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add pasta, ½ of the cheese, corn, beans and sausage.
- Pour into 9x13 pan, top with remainder of cheese and bake covered at 350°F for 20 minutes, uncover and bake 5 minutes longer.