Tumr bel Nargine
- This recipe is for 2 cups.
- 1½ lb soft date (for mixing)
- ½ tsp cardamom
- 2 cup grated coconut
- 6 tbsp butter
- ¾ lb almonds
- ½ cup water
- Blanch, peel and then fry the almonds in oil until golden brown, place on paper towels to drain.
- In a pan, melt the butter, add pitted dates and stir well over low heat; dates should not stick to the sides of the pan.
- Remove from stove top; add the cardamom and leave to cool.
- Take small piece of date dough, place an almond in the center and roll into a finger shape.
- Repeat using all of the date dough.
- Roll each date finger in the coconut and arrange on a serving dish.